Welcome and The State of Vaccine Law
- This session will present a general overview of developments in Vaccine Law since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, and will highlight legal misinformation and legal challenges currently facing practitioners in various areas of Vaccine Law.
Advanced Intellectual Property Issues
- This session will examine concerns arising from the prosecution of intellectual property rights in pandemic circumstances.
Employer Vaccine Mandates: Lessons Learned on the Frontlines of the COVID-19 Pandemic
- This session will describe the experience of several different kinds of enterprises in establishing employee vaccination mandates, the opposition and challenges faced, and the most successful practices adopted in the course of these efforts.
International Vaccine Law Issues
- This session will examine international structures for the development, regulation, and distribution of vaccines, and will compare U.S. vaccine law to that of other countries.
Legal Aspects of Equitable Funding and Distribution
- This session will examine potential inequities in the mechanisms for developing, distributing, and mandating vaccines, and for addressing adverse events.
Legal Structures of Vaccination Funding and Distribution
- This session will cover the various statutory regimes governing the funding and distribution of vaccines to states and communities.
Vaccine Misinformation, Hesitancy, and Refusal
- This session will provide discussion of legal tools and strategies to address vaccine misinformation, hesitancy, and refusal
Moving Backwards? Childhood & School Vaccination Requirements
- The session will examine the various common state frameworks for mandatory childhood vaccination as a prerequisite to attending school, legal precedents addressing the constitutionality of such mandates, common issues arising with respect to enforcement, and recent trends aiming to either strengthen or weaken such mandates in various states.
Nuts & Bolts of Vaccine Intellectual Property Law
- This session will provide an overview of the current state of intellectual property law with respect to vaccines, and recent developments in the field.
Nuts & Bolts of Regulation and Licensure Strategy
- This session will describe the regulatory process of developing and licensing a vaccine, from initial formulation through clinical trials, potential EUA authorization, full FDA licensure, and post-licensure inspection and policing of vaccines.
Privacy Implications of Vaccination
- This session will address the implications of legal regimes such as HIPAA, the ADA, and GINA on efforts to mandate vaccination of employees, confirm and maintain records of vaccination status, and seek medical or religious information in response to requests for accommodation of a claimed disability or religious objection to vaccination.
Straight from the Horse’s Mouth: The State of Vaccine Regulators & Compliance Strategies
- Engaging with agency representatives in understanding their approaches to vaccine law issues.
Strategic Vaccine Advocacy: Stemming the Tide of Anti-Vaccine Laws and Regulations
- Public health messaging goes hand-in-hand with vaccine hesitancy discussion.
The Bright Future of Vaccine Development
- This session will examine the legal implications of vaccines under development for conditions like HIV, cancer, Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, and drug addiction.
Then & Now: The Constitution & Vaccine Mandates
- This session will examine the evolution of case law governing the constitutionality of vaccination mandates, from the first Supreme Court case of Jacobson v. Massachusetts through the recent Supreme Court decisions on OSHA and CMS mandates originating at the federal level.
Trends and the Future of Vaccine Law
- This session will focus on anticipated future developments in vaccine law.
Vaccine Law Professional Ethics
- This session focuses on ethical issues in advising antivaccine clients, and in managing a law office with differences of opinion on vaccination among attorneys and employees.
Vaccine Liability & Injury Compensation I: State of the NVICP
- This session will examine the purpose and structure of the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program primarily aimed at childhood vaccines, and issues that have arisen with respect to that program.
Vaccine Liability & Injury Compensation II: Beyond the NVICP
- This session will examine vaccine injury compensation through routes other than the NVICP, including the viability of post-NVICP proceedings against vaccine manufacturers and administrators, COVID-19 claims under the Countermeasures Injury Compensation Program, and other claims regarding vaccines not covered by the NVICP.
Vaccine Mandates–The ADA, Exemptions, and Practice
- This session will examine issues arising from efforts to obtain medical exemptions from vaccination
Vaccine Mandates: Religious Exemptions and Faith Communities
- This session will examine issues arising from efforts to obtain exemptions from vaccination based on claimed religious objections.
What History Tells us about Vaccination & Vaccine Law
- Special presentation.
Documentary film screening of Virulent: The Vaccine War, with the producer